Documentation for this webinar is presented to the Dubai Health Authority and CPD standards
The Role Of The Community Pharmacist In Migraine Management
ONLINE WEBINAR. ZOOM PLATFORM. ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Migraine headache is one of the chronic health conditions that impacts heavily on the patient’s quality of life, and burdens the health case system in any given country. Pharmacists, and specifically those working in the community pharmacy sector, are well-positioned to play effective role in helping patients manage their migraine through providing patient-centered care.
During this webinar with Dr Nadir Kheir, we will look at different aspects related to migraine, including its etiology, presentation, and management. We will also present ideas about how pharmacists could use their knowledge, skills, and professional practice to help migraine patients manage their condition and enjoy a better quality of life.
- Retail pharmacists.
- Pharmacists, Pharmacy heads.
- Pharmacy managers.
- Clinical pharmacists.
By the end of this lectures, the participants will be able to:
1. Understand the etiology and the clinical presentation of migraine headaches.
2. Recognize the factors and triggers associated with migraine.
3. Recognize the differences between abortive and preventive pharmacotherapies used in the management of migraine.
4. Describe some nonpharmacologic treatments for the management of migraine.
5. Explore the role of the community pharmacist in the providing pharmaceutical care to patients with migraine.