Documentation for this webinar is presented to the Dubai Health Authority and CPD standards
ONLINE WEBINAR. ENGLISH LANGUAGE
3 PM UAE time
1 PM Egypt time
Poor adherence to drug therapy (and to other forms of interventions needed to improve health) has been shown to result in poor prognosis, increased hospital admissions, increased health care costs, and even death. Medication adherence in patients with chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, asthma, and depression is a significant problem requiring a more effective role by health care providers, and specifically pharmacists.
GOAL is illustrate how pharmacists could help patients follows health-related advice in respect to their drug therapy, life style changes, and other behaviors through better understanding the factors leading to poor adherence.
** The gift to each participant of the webinar - the helpful leaflet for pharmacist «Mission is possible. The algorithm of communicating with customers of different personality types»!
By the end of this lectures, the participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between compliance and adherence
- List the causes of poor adherence to drug therapy and other healthcare interventions
- Discuss patient and disease-related factors that might affect adherence
- Explain how risks of non-adherence are assessed
- List strategies used to assess the level of adherence