Documentation for this webinar is presented to the Dubai Health Authority and CPD standards
Webinar Talk : CKD Prevention & Management.
Time & date : 24th September 2019. 18:00 GMT+3
Talk Needs :
- Rapid climb in Prevalence of CKD in view of increasing age of world population.
- Emerging research data over the last decades showing that CKD is only “the tip of the iceberg “for wider health problems.
- The enormous cost of end-stage kidney disease treatments
- Appreciation of CKD impact on other major health factors like cardiovascular disease among others.
- Recent advances in effective measures to prevent CKD progression.
- Define CKD and its stages and to understand the tools of its timed diagnosis.
- To Increase awareness of situations and identify categories of population in which early screening will help to target prevention and early treatment measures.
- How to Identify and achieve goals of treatment in high-risk patients with DM, HTN and CVD.
- Complications of CKD and how to approach and treat.
- When to refer a patient with CKD for expert opinion “ to nephrologist”
- Medication to avoid/ modify dose in patients with CKD.
18:50-19:00 discussion (Q&A).
Question for a candidate to think of (after the talk):
- If your patient has eGFR of 65 ml/min, does this mean that he definitely has CKD?
- What is the most common inherited condition for CKD and how is it diagnosed?
- At which CKD stage/stages do we need closer monitoring of patients?
- What are the targets treatment for HTN and DM in CKD patients?
- Which modalities of treatment for end-stage renal disease do you know of?